[FEMM] velocity & energy for LG!

Dear all

Actually I simulate linear generator by femm, so sometimes without current when calculating the cogging force. I know only that the average speed of mechanical part or the translator will move by an average speed of (Vx m/s) for example. From femm I get the force vs positions of the translator.

1- Is there a way to calculate the actual velocity (velocity vs time or position) from force vs position and average speed for the linear generator?

2- How can I calculate energy vs position for the linear generator?
can anyone help me in these problems?

thanks you all for your help

ahmad

David Meeker <dmeeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ahmad Eid wrote:
Dear all

I use femm and lua scripts to calculate the force for linear machine.
I just move the translator and then calculate.

Is there a way to calculate the velocity of the translator?

and how can I calculate the kinetic energy in this case?

any suggetion or any site will be good

thanx all

ahmad
To find velocity, you have to have some equations of motion for the mechancial system that the force is driving.  It is possible to integrate these equations numerically inside your lua script that does force vs. position, or you could take your force vs. position & current information and use them as input to a separate program in which you integrate the equations of motion.

Senior Engineer
Foster-Miller, Inc.
350 Second Avenue
Waltham, MA 02451-1196