Re: [FEMM] Another suggestion for the next version?

Alex Thaler wrote:

I do a lot of permanent magent sync. machine modelling and i saw throughout the point properties in FemmView, that the H- Vektor in permanent magnets is not corrected for the Hc- value (vector?). So the summ of Hi*li is not zero when we go around a fluxline. Of course if someone knows, there is no problem in interpreting the right value of H in the magnets.

I think David knows about that, but i want to know if i am right in reading the View-plot!

Regards

Alex

FEMM reports H the way that it does because I like to think about magnets as I'd described previously in: http://femm.foster-miller.net/pipermail/femm/attachments/20010625/52c56cc3/attachment.html

However, I'm tired of explaining this, and everyone's probably tired of hearing about it. I've put a new preference in my development version of the program so that if the preference is turned on, the H reported inside permanent magnets will be the H as currently reported with Hc subtracted off of it.

Dave