[FEMM] femm matrix solving time: 3.2 GHz Pentium IV vs AMD Athlon 3200+

Hi all,

I have found the long time required to solve the FEMM matrix on
my present computer that uses an Intel 467 MHz Celeron to be
burdensome. I plan to upgrade to a new computer using a 3.2 GHz
Intel Pentium or one using an AMD Athlon64 3200+ processor (2.2
GHz). I have heard that the Pentium is rather slow with floating
point calculations and that the Athlon should be faster, even though
its clock rate is lower.

I will appreciate any advice as to which processor should be able to
solve the matrix the fastest.  I plan to get the new computer soon.

Best regards,

Ben H. Tongue