Re: [FEMM] Solenoid charge

yanze wuan wrote:

Many thanks for reply; the explanation was very exhaustive indeed!
One questions more, I wonder if, using non linear materials, there are some tricks to evaluate (approximate solution, linearization ...) to solve the time varying non linear problems and which are the parameters ( eddy currents, losses...) we can get with a certain reliability.

Any suggestion would be very appreciated, Thanks again for any contribution Bye Wang

If you are really interested in nonlinear material properties, it may be that the only solution is to do some sort of time-stepping solution that includes a fairly elaborate model of hysteresis. FEMM doesn't do this sort of solution (yet, at least). The nonlinear eddy current problems that FEMM addesses are those in which the material is traversing a major hysteresis loop (i.e. no DC offset to the field), and only the response at the fundamental of the excitation is considered.

Dave.