Re: [FEMM] Need help in analytical fitting of steel B-H curve

I've used simple exponential functions of the form E=a0*F + a1*(1-exp(-b1F)) to model machine open-circuit characteristics (the emf E is a function of mmf F ) and I don't see why it wouldn't work for a B-H curve. It's not usually a brilliant fit but it has a well behaved derivative.

If you want well behaved derivatives then steer clear of polynomials, they don't behave well outside the fitted range.

Keith.

One approach is an exponential function like that
described in Paul Victor Birke's 1998 post to
sci.physics.electromag, which can be seen at
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=364EE79A.F279CFE%40home.com&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

I've also tried this approach with a further factor on the
exponential term and have obtained some reasonable-
looking B-H curves.

Chris

> I'm searching for an analytical form of a function
> with known derivative, other than piecewise
> polynomial, fitting B-H curve of a given steel.
> Any paper or advice about this will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.

> Tsarafidy.

This transmission contains information which may be confidential and
which may also be privileged.  It is intended for the named addressee
only.  Unless you are the named addressee, or authorised to receive it
on behalf of the addressee you may not copy or use it, or disclose it
to anyone else.  If you have received this transmission in error please
contact the sender.  Thank you for your cooperation.