Re: [femm] GO Material

In a message dated 05/24/2000 7:25:28 PM Central Daylight Time, dcm3c@xxxxxxx
writes:

<<
> Can structures using Grain Oriented electrical steel be evaluated in
> Femm? I would like to observe the difference in flux patterns with GO and
> non-GO materials.

Well, you can assign different permeabilites in different directions in
femm.
This might get you part of the way there. However, the model of saturation
currently used in femm isn't elaborate enough to correctly model the
difference between model grain-oriented and non-oriented materials in
saturation.

Dave. >>

Dave,
Thanks for the reply. I tried assigning the x-y permeabilities but
the answer was not affected as much as it should have been as your answer
suggests.

Thank you,
Joseph Pijanowski