Re: [femm] Magnetization circumferencely

Jason,

        There is a peculiarity to the problem.

        Firstly one would be tempted to dub the problem as axisymmetric i.e you solve in R-Z plane with the excitation currents directed in the theta direction. But THAT IS NOT CORRECT ! the excitation winding does not comply to axisymmetric situation. Strictly speaking, the problem can only be solved in a 3-D formulation.

        Secondly, even if your toroidal core has a very very large radius, you still cannot simplify the problem to tackle it as a standard 2-D Cartesian Rectangular co-ordinate system ! This is because the excitation winding does not really exist beyond a finite length whereas the core does.

        I would still appreciate if you could spell out your application. May be we can resolve it some other simpler way.

C.Prem Kumar

wilsons@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi I am a new user of femm and am trying to get a circular donut
magnatized cicumferencely and am having a hard time figuring out how
to do this.  I am a senior level college physics student and have
tried everything that I could figure out.  Any help in this would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
Jason

GIF image

GIF image

begin: vcard
fn: C . Prem Kumar
n: ;C . Prem Kumar
org: BHEL Corp. R&D Division
adr: ;;;Vikasnagar P.O, Hyderabad ;Andhra Pradesh;500 093;India
email;internet: prem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title: Deputy General Manager (EMP)
tel;work: +91 40 388 2227
tel;fax: +91 40 3073820