Updated femm30 beta

All--

I've uploaded an updated version of femm 3.0 beta to the files section
of egroups at:
http://www.egroups.com/files/femm/

For those who are interested in this sort of thing, I've also uploaded
the full source to the 3.0 version at the same place. You'll need
Microsoft Visual C++ version 4 or later if you are interested in
compiling it on your own. The 3.0 version executable and source are
released under the Aladdin Free Public License. The short version of
AFPL is use the source and program, modify it and/or redistribute it if
you want, but don't sell the program and don't sue the author.

Anyhow, this updated version has the following changes:

1) It was brought to my attention that the way that the program
computed stored energy worked right only for linear materials. It has
been modified to give the correct results for energy with nonlinear
materials. I have also added the calculation of coenergy, which is
useful for determining forces via energy methods in nonlinear problems.

2) I've modified the flux line plots so that the range over which the
lines are plotted is user-specifiable. This one has been a frequent
request.

3) I've added in a new property called "Solver Precision", that you
define in the same dialog as frequency and length units. The default,
1.e-8, was the limit hard-coded into previous version of femm. You can
decrease this down as far as 1.e-16 if you feel like it. This number
sort of specifies the number of significant digits in the solution to
the magnetic vector potential, A. For example, roughly 1.e-08
corresponds to 8 digits, 1.e-16 to 16 digits. Some people had asked for
this ability.

4) The methods for interpolating potential and calculating flux density
in axisymmetric problems were modified. The modifications yields a few
more decimal places of accuracy in some specialized problems. The
answers to most axisymmetric problems won't be noticably affected by
these changes.

Dave.

begin:vcard
n:Meeker;David
tel;fax:781-890-3489
tel;work:781-684-4070
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://members.aol.com/dcm3c
org:Foster-Miller, Inc.;Electrical and Electronic Systems Group
version:2.1
email;internet:dmeeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Senior Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;350 Second Avenue=0D=0A;Waltham;MA;02451-1196;USA
fn:David Meeker, Ph.D.
end:vcard