Metglas square loop BH curves

David,
I just wondered if FEMM is able to handle reliably square loop low
hysteresis
materials with relative permeabilities from 400,000 to 1,000,000?
I did put in a curve of Metglas 2605SA1 material and it seems mostly OK
showing saturation about where it is supposed to. I just wondered if there
anything I should watch out for where FEMM might break down with these
types of curves.

I did notice that the plotting feature allows me to identify bad data
points.
It seems you must be using a cubic spline interpolation function or at
least a polynomial one. I noticed that bad data points cause it to give the
sinx/x type ringing behavior when it blows up the curve.

Sometimes I see FEMM appear to hang in solving if the mesh size is too
small.
I double the mesh size and the solution is done in a few seconds.
Just to let you know.

Regards,
Dave Squires