Re: [femm] [Resistance and Inductance as a function of frequnecy]

you se-ho wrote:

> To Dear All:
>
> Probably, my question is little off-bit to this e-mail group. However, If
> there is anyone who can suggest any thing, it will be great.

No, your question is on-topic.

> I implemented FEM to calculate resistance and inductance with published
> paper. If I see the resistance value, it is always smaller than that of
> Ansoft's Maxwell. This is more outstanding at higher frequency. If I use
> much more triangles, then clearly it took much more time, nevertheless the
> resistance value is always smaller than Maxwell's. When I calculate
> inductance and resistance, I use same mesh data. I calculate inductance
> first, then calculate current and resistance. I now feel that I need to some
> special algorithm to get convergence fast. has somebody any idea ?

Well, maybe Maxwell's result is just dead wrong : ) Seriously, can you give
more details about what example you are trying to reproduce (e.g. a reference to
the paper that you were talking about)? It's hard to say much without knowing
more.

Dave Meeker

begin:vcard
n:Meeker;David
tel;fax:781-890-3489
tel;work:781-684-4070
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://members.aol.com/dcm3c
org:Foster-Miller, Inc.;Electrical and Electronic Systems Group
version:2.1
email;internet:dmeeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Senior Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;350 Second Avenue=0D=0A;Waltham;MA;02451-1196;USA
fn:David Meeker, Ph.D.
end:vcard