Re: [femm] [Resistance and Inductance as a function of frequnecy]

Hello YOU,

> I implemented FEM to calculate resistance and inductance with published
> paper. If I see the resistance value, it is always smaller than that of
> Ansoft's Maxwell. This is more outstanding at higher frequency. If I use
> much more triangles, then clearly it took much more time, nevertheless the
> resistance value is always smaller than Maxwell's. When I calculate
> inductance and resistance, I use same mesh data. I calculate inductance
> first, then calculate current and resistance. I now feel that I need to some
> special algorithm to get convergence fast. has somebody any idea ?

I'm very glad to know someone also interesting in FEM calculating. I don't know what method you used for calculating inductance. If you use the result potential A without do field smoothing, the only choose is to use the energy form of inductance, and there still have other cases that may be cause you lost accuracy, like the skin depth effect calculating, etc. Well I'm also interesting in this subject.

> (ps) Would any tell me which file(s) calculate field parameters in FEMM ?

It was the file "femmviewDoc.cpp" in the "femmview" project. The main functions which do field smoothing calculate and interpolate jobs should be:  GetElementB(); GetNodalB();
GetPointValues();

Si hang