Re: Batch processing / interfacing

--- In femm@xxxx, David Meeker <dmeeker@xxxx> wrote:

Hi David, et al....

I'm glad I decided to become a member of your group and put my little
problem up. What great responses! I never knew others were having
similar problems. I like your proposed approach, David. At the price
of the software, I think the users should not expect valiant efforts
on your part but a little help would be greatly appreciated since the
learning curve to do any code modification would be time consuming for
anyone else. Perhaps using the DDE capability, some of us could write
a simple VB program to allow a restricted set of parameters to be
batch processed to help those that value ease of use over versatility
(I value versatility up until the point I am going to do something
repetitiously or versatility = painful). For myself, I've decided to
write a simple VB program to do near-term what I'd like (I'm much more
fluent in VB than VC++). Once a model has been run once using the
editor, femme modifies the .fem file so you can then modify it an
rerun fkn using the modified file without rerunning femme. Doing the
postprocessing is a little more involved but I think "do-able" since
I only wnat a single quantity that is close to available within the
output file. Thanks for all the ideas/discussion on this apparently
popular topic.