Re: [femm] high performance computing options for FEM

Dear Greg,

Hi,
I am very well versed in NMR and I had in the past an association with Frank
Contrato.
in 1993 till 96 I was representing Elbit in Canada promoting the on line NMR
developed
by Uri Rapoport. I reporetd directly to Elbit in Haifa, Israel but on
technical matters I worked
with Frank.
BELIEVE IT OR NOT I HAD A CONDITIONAL ORDER FOR 9 NMR's from Labat's
Breweries
for monitoring alcohol in the production stage.But, the software was not
ready for on line operation
and Elbit refused to deliver one unit for a trial run to Labats Research
Center's Pilot Plant for 4
weeks to reproduce the accuracy and precision of analysis. I had Miko
DeLevy,President of Elbit
fly in and talk to the Director Dr Rassmussen in London. DeLevy still
declined to send in a trail unit.
Within 6 months the Elbit NMR group was disbanded and the product rigths sold
to Fisher Controls (?)
Frank was suppose to send us a contract to represent Anasazi Instruments ,
but than somebody in his family
past away, Frank was gone for weeks. I went to a MOT
(Montreal,Ottawa,Toronto) NMR Group Meeting
at University of Laval ,Quebec City and distributed Anasazi's Brochures.
Eventually I signed a contract with Infolytica Corporation which designs the
leading FEA Simulation Software
for electromagnetics. And guess what, Uri Rapoport bought our software
MagNet5 and is using it in his new
enterprise Medi-Mag, in Meshek Moshav, Israel. He did hire Richmond Chan, to
work for him in Chicago,
but I am not sure if Mr Chan is still with Uri.
In any case, we oe have the new MagNet6 with 2D: PM (DC), TH(AC), TR2D(
Transient) and TR2D Transient with Motion Solvers as well as PM3D,TH3D,TR3D
Plus a brand new Termal Simulation system.
The software can be fully automated for unattended optimization runs.
If you are interested, I can arrange for you a free evaluation of MagNet.
Send my regards to Frank.

Regards
Max Zinger
Sales Manager