Re: [femm] More Batch processing/ Interfaceing

robin.cornelius@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I know there was a lot of talk a short while ago about batch processing in
Femm.

I had my own need for batch processing now and decided to do it my self. I
have implemented the lua programming language into femm(3.0) and have nearly
completed the work on the preprocessor.

What this means is you write a lua script file (lua can contain control
loops, variables, counters, IO, maths routines etc) and call my extension
functions such as addnode(x,y) directly. All my extension functions are
essentially wrapper functions for the real femm code but this is transparent
to the user.

I am planning to also implement this in the postprocessor and have a way of
getting feedback from the post processor to the preprocessor so that
self-refining scripts can be generated or the results in the postprocessor
can be dumped to a file for later analysis and so many hundred runs could be
performed, dumping the results each time of only the data you are interested
in, into an external file which could then be loaded in to an external
analysis package matlab, excel etc.

The preprocessor code should be finished later this week and the
postprocessor code by next week.

Is anybody interested in this as I will make it available if there is any
demand.

I would be very interested to check it out, and probably a lot of other
people on the group would as well.  This could end up being a really valuable
contribution to the project.  If you want to distribute it, a good mechanism
might be to upload to the "files" section of the femm site on Yahoo groups.
Permissions are set so that any member can upload and download there.  The
page is at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/femm/files/

Is there a good link you could give with respect to lua?  I'm not really
familiar with it.

Dave.