Re: [femm] student of fem group need help

hello
i am a member of FEM group studying M.E Power
Electronics in P.S.G college of Technology,
Coimbatore, India. Iam doing a project named "Analysis
of permanent Magnet Synchronous Motr using Finite
Element method".
Still iam not very clear what type, i mean which part
of analysis i can do. i am planing to find the
Saturated synchronous reactances of the motor and to
find its core losses. i got some IEEE papers in these
topics.I am new to this Finite Element Analysis.
Please tell me is it possible to do the above
analysis. For this purpose i am using ANSYS sofware
package version 5.4.
Can i do the above types of analysis with the above
package and can i get good results.

To Dear sivaprasad:

Also tell me how
to start studying about Finite Elements.
waiting for your advice,
sivaprasad.

I think there are great 3 books in the electromagnetics area.
[1] Jianming JIn "The Finite Element Method in electromagnetics", Wiley ISBN 0-471-58627-7
[2] P. Silvester, "Finite elements for electrical engineers", Cambridge, ISBN 0-521-44505-1
[3] S. Ratnajeevan H, Hoole, "Computer-aided analysis and design of electromagnetic devices", Elsevier

The 3 books are found very frequently in FEM area. In my opinion, each book has its own approach. I am familiar to book [1]. and I think Dr. Meeker uses [3] in his program. Sometimes there is part that I cannot understand.

In the journal paper, you can find the names like "Silvester","Hoole","Weiss","Ferrari", 'Csendes' and 'Konrad'. Maybe C. R. Paul?

Sincerely,
SE-HO YOU