Model for coercive force of magnet

As there was a few questions recently regarding magnet modeling I hope
attachment could help people interesting in this area. This approach I have
found at other fem site. I did not try to model it with David's program but
acc. to pg. 56 you should be able to simulate coercive force.

At the end I would like to introduce myself to the Group. My expertise is in
design of large power transformers. For more than 10 years I am using FEM
software's in electrostatic problems. In last 3 years I am using FEM in
simulating leakage field and estimation of hot spot temperatures in
transformer core frames and other structural parts. Recently I have done
simulation of 220 MVA, auto transformer with in-house software and with David
program. I did get very encouraging results with femm3.0.

I could not have believe that I can now have program like this for free and
my company spend quit a few millions to develop in-house software.
Additionally you certainly have the best site to discuss about magnetics.

Many thanks to David and best regards to all.

Stephan.

[Moderator's Note: I changed the attached document from a Word doc to pdf]

--part1_2b.19ac1bd4.28a8210a_alt_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>As there was a few questions recently regarding magnet modeling I hope
<BR>attachment could help people interesting in this area. This approach I have
<BR>found at other fem site. I did not try to model it with David's program but
<BR>acc. to pg. 56 you should be able to simulate coercive force.
<BR>
<BR>At the end I would like to introduce myself to the Group. My expertise is in
<BR>design of large power transformers. For more than 10 years I am using FEM
<BR>software's in electrostatic problems. In last 3 years I am using FEM in
<BR>simulating leakage field and estimation of hot spot temperatures in
<BR>transformer core frames and other structural parts. Recently I have done
<BR>simulation of 220 MVA, auto transformer with in-house software and with David
<BR>program. I did get very encouraging results with femm3.0.
<BR>
<BR>I could not have believe that I can now have program like this for free and
<BR>my company spend  quit a few millions to develop in-house software.
<BR>Additionally you certainly have the best site to discuss about magnetics.
<BR>
<BR>Many thanks to David and best regards to all.
<BR>
<BR>Stephan.
<BR>
[Moderator's Note: I changed the attached document from a Word doc to pdf]
<BR>
<BR></FONT></HTML>

--part1_2b.19ac1bd4.28a8210a_alt_boundary--