-----Original Message-----
From: Robin Cornelius [mailto:robin.cornelius@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:	Monday, August 20, 2001 09:27
To:	femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:	RE: [femm] Re: Lua sample of line integral

If your feeling brave then give the 3.1 patch a try it has a way of
passing
variables to the post processor
(available from the femm files section)

the new version of run_post accepts variables as so

in the pre-processor script try

run_post("c:\\my-lua-script.lua","-lua-var=filename=myfilename","-lua-va
r=ms
g=hello-world")

then in the post processor

try
_ALERT(msg)
_ALERT(filename)

and you will see hello world for msg and myfilename for filename

You can use these variables any where you would normally use variables
in an
lua script !!

All variables are passed as strings so you will have to use internal
conversion routines to get numbers out

Hopefully this will make peoples lives a lot easier than using temp
files to
pass data around
(There is no way of passing data back the other way however without
using
temp files)

Regards

Robin Cornelius