Re: [femm] script convention

Carl Kopin wrote:

> Robin,
> The postprocessor window hide outcome depends on the argument you use:
> - using the "-window_hide" argument will cause the window to appear for
> a split second;
> - using the "-windowhide" argument will cause a tiny application window
> with an "x" only to appear for a split second.
>
> I prefer consistency in commands/arguments naming convention: by using
> the underscore to separate words in commands/arguments no one has to
> guess where one word ends and the next begins.
> Carl

Hmmm--that's curious. Well, Robin or I will (eventually) get this working in
a consistent way. I've been mucking around with this some, and it seems like
calling the process with flags:
StartupInfo.dwFlags = STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW;
StartupInfo.wShowWindow = SW_MINIMIZE;
in the STARTUPINFO structure associated with calling femmview, in conjunction
with making sure that the point properties output window never gets shown at
all in the case of a -windowhide call seems to get the desired effect.
However, it still seems to steal the focus for an instant when it starts up
femmview, which is an undesirable result.

Anyhow, what I think that I want to do is to make it so that, in general, any
femm-related lua stuff can use either the underscore or non-underscore
convention and get exactly the same effect. This is trivial to with regards
to function names, but just takes a little bit more care for flags like
-windowhide or -window_hide.

Dave Meeker

begin:vcard
n:Meeker;David
tel;fax:781-890-3489
tel;work:781-684-4070
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/dcm3c
org:Foster-Miller, Inc.;Electrical and Electronic Systems Group
version:2.1
email;internet:dmeeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Senior Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;350 Second Avenue=0D=0A;Waltham;MA;02451-1196;USA
fn:David Meeker, Ph.D.
end:vcard