Inductance by means of his definition

Hello,

As you know I'm simulating an induction motor, now I'm calculating inductance. I read manual of femm where it says to calculate inductance by energy. I use this method, but I find another method where it uses integer of A, the equation is:

 L = [N*h/Scopper*(integer A in section Scopper+ - integer A in section Scopper- )]/i

where

N : number of turns

h : depth

Scopper : section

i: current

Which method is more exact or are two equals? I think this method is more exact because  the method of energy uses definition of W=1/2Li^2 and  it equals to energy by integer of AJ. This method come of definition of inductance. The results are similars by two methods.

Thank you

Alberto

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Messenger!
Comunicación instantánea gratis con tu gente.