Re: [femm] Eddy currents in a planar shield

"emiliano.menghi@xxxxxxxxx" wrote:

> Hi everybody.
> I've to calculate the eddy currents induced in an alluminium planar shield.
> The excitation is a three-phase current system.
> The problem is the condition on the shield: Should i set the total current in the shield equal to zero or not (with the circuit property)?
> I attach my femm file.
>
> Thanks

In your geometry, it seems like current ought to be conserved within the plate, so I'd set the current to zero via a circuit property.

Dave.

begin:vcard
n:Meeker;David
tel;fax:781-890-3489
tel;work:781-684-4070
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/dcm3c
org:Foster-Miller, Inc.;Electrical and Electronic Systems Group
version:2.1
email;internet:dmeeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Senior Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;350 Second Avenue=0D=0A;Waltham;MA;02451-1196;USA
fn:David Meeker, Ph.D.
end:vcard