similar software

Hi, all
I am new member to this group.
Nice to contact all via this group.

I am a research student. I have to develop an software for solving a
Particular inverse problems (in electtromagnetics) by an appropriate
FEM(including optimization)
I have to do some survey on existing FEM software,specifically in
electomagnetic, such as FEMM.

Ques.........
Usually any software developer does not give any detail information
on their product except academic software developer.
In the user guide, we can get informations on how to use the software
but unble to get information what were the algorithms, they used,
Specifically in FEMM software and similar, algorithm for mesh
gneration and optimizing method etc..
For my research purpose, How I can get all these infotmation. If any
one give me idea, it will be warm help for me.

Thanking you,

Krishna