Re: [femm] Neumann boundary condition

In a message dated 11/14/01 3:40:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, sh9988@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Dear David and All,

 I have encountered a mixed boundary condition (see below) along the
outer boundary of domain in a 2D time harmonic simulation.

  Ht = Jm * exp(-jPhi * x)

  Where Jm is the line density of Current, Phi is the phase angle
and it is a function of x-coordinate.

 This condition can't be set directly to the boundary with the Mixed
boundary condition in FEMM. The only way I have thought is to split
the boundary into many small segments. Then manually calculate the
values on each segment's midpoint, set each segment's condition with
its midpoint's value.

 Apparently, it's not a good way and cause a lot of work. Is there a
better way or we can add the feature that support Mixed boundary
condition with a function of coordinates(like the Prescribed A
condition)?

Best regards

Si hang

This is probably something that would be good to include as an extra boundary condition type or something.  I end up wanting to do this sort of thing occasionally as well (especially to sanity-check analytical results that I come up with), but I haven't gotten around to writing it in yet.  For the moment, a number of different boundary conditions associated with different current sheet amplitudes is the only way to go.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/dcm3c