Re: [femm] formulas

jthunder121870 wrote:
 I'm very new to this club, not to mention magnets.  I'm trying to
learn how to design electromagnets.  I have found some formulas but
every time I look around for more info, I find that it seems everyone
has something different.

Is it possible anyone can send me some proven formulas or let me know
where I can find them on the net or in a book?

A good place to start would be Syed Nasar's "Electric Machines and Electromechanics," which you can order from Barnes and Noble for about $15.  This is actually a Schaum's Outline, so it cuts to the chase and has a lot of example problems--good attributes for if you're looking for a self-study type of book.

http://femm.berlios.de/dmeeker