RE: [femm] Metals

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has information on how the heat treatment of mild steel effects the magnetic properties, for example full hard 1006 mild steel sheet compared to annealed 1006 (i.e. is it worth annealing the steel?).  I've ordered a copy of   "Magnetism and Metallurgy of Soft Magnetic Materials" by Chen, Chih as a place to start ($10.00 used, so not too painful!).  Isthis a worthwhile book?  Any other recommendations?

Thanks,
Eric