Re: Import DXF - improvement

"vecerkaj" <vecerkaj@xxxx> wrote:
> ... I need to calculate few variants of a motor with
> same stator and different rotors. (Geometry of stator
> and materials are stored in femm file and geometry of
> different kinds of rotor in dxf files).

I have a similar situation myself - related geometries dependent
on a few variables. So I wrote an Excel spreadsheet "interface" that
allows me to enter about 5 dimensions, and it creates a page with an
entire FEMM model file, which I save in ASCII/text format for direct
opening in FEMM. All materials, properties, boundaries, groups, etc
are already set in the Excel file. I guess I could call fkern
directly on this file if I wanted, too. With this I can create the
new model faster than I can analyze the results!

This is a great time for thanking Dave for keeping the input as
human-readable text; I wouldn't have been able to do the above
without it!

David