SINGLE PHASE INDUCTION MOTOR

I am trying to model the Single Phase machine but have a few
problems. I
saw some response to one of the messages on this and seek your
help.

1. David Meeker says that to ensure that all conductors in a coil are
in series, each conductor should be assigned a circuit. Now, in a
small
motor, the number of conductors in a coil could be large, sometimes
even
hundreds. How is this done?

2. Rotor slots are usually closed slots. But the FEMM requires to use
equivalent open slots. Should this done by assuming that slot width =
slot
depth in the bridge portion? The tooth tip saturation will get
nullified and
the torques, particularly at starting condition may not be correct.

3. Rotor conductor and steel material resistivity is to be increased
in
proportion of Frequency/slip frequency. Is this correct? (when
calculating
at
a slip frequency)

4. Rotor endring: How is this considered? Should rotor cage
conductors also
be in series and assigned individual circuits?

If you like I can send you a model of a Ceiling Fan data (2 poles of
the 18
poles)that I am trying to analyse. Should The boundaries/edges be
Periodic
for the 2 pole simulation?