force calculation doubt

I'm a newcomer to FEMM, and FEA in general. but i've been interested
in some calculations for the force on a steel slab at x distance away
from a permamnent magnet. I tried to solve the problem "plane
parallel" but I found that force is calculated over a meter length
(depth?). Can I find out the force for steel slabs of less/more than
a metre from this result? if so, how.

Also,would it not be easier to ask the user for the depth over which
the integration is to be carried out? sorry if my doubt sounds
frivolous to you.

The program is great otherwise. Keep it up Dave.

Thanks
Shiv