Re: [femm] force calculation doubt

Hi Shiv,
The assumptions involved in a 2D analysis culminate in a state of invariance
in the z-direction. For example if you are computing the flux crossing-over
some line in your problem, the quauntity you really are computing is flux per
meter depth. If your device has some dimension of "x" meters(x can be greater
than or less than 1.0 mtr) in the depth direction simply multiply the result
by "x". Its as simple as that.

Yeah..The program is really GREAT ...It has nearly all the features
commercial software in this field have. The best part of it is Dave keeps
adding fantastic features every now and then !! Thank you Dave !

Prem Kumar, C

shazanaz2000 wrote:

> I'm a newcomer to FEMM, and FEA in general. but i've been interested
> in some calculations for the force on a steel slab at x distance away
> from a permamnent magnet. I tried to solve the problem "plane
> parallel" but I found that force is calculated over a meter length
> (depth?). Can I find out the force for steel slabs of less/more than
> a metre from this result? if so, how.
>
> Also,would it not be easier to ask the user for the depth over which
> the integration is to be carried out? sorry if my doubt sounds
> frivolous to you.
>
> The program is great otherwise. Keep it up Dave.
>
> Thanks
> Shiv

begin:vcard
n:Kumar;C.Prem Kumar
tel;fax:+91 40 307 3820
tel;home:+91 40 775 1195
tel;work:+91 40 388 2347
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Electromagnetics Group;BHEL Corp.R&D Division
adr:;;Vikasnagar P.O,;Hyderabad;Andhra Pradesh;500 093;India
version:2.1
email;internet:prem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Deputy General Manager
x-mozilla-cpt:;25488