Re: Bobin (L,R) calculation

--- In femm@xxxx, David Meeker <dmeeker@xxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for your help !

I assume the following points . Tell me if I am right or wrong.
1- The current in circuit or the current density in material is peak
when AC current is chosen .
2- So to find the resistance/m is R=W/m *2 / IAC/IAC
3- So to find the inductance is energy L=*4/IAC/IAC
4- If axis symmetric is chosen , energy is also the total energy and
also L=4*W/IAC/IAC

I have questions on the Litz wire simulation and proxynew.fem
application.
1- For this application 1A is in each wire , there is a circuit turnx
of 1A per wire .The result is 3.180W/m
If there is one circuit of 100A for 100 wires. Each wire has the same
turn of 100A. The result is 5.93w/m. I assume that the first case is a
Litz twisted wire and the second case normal wire composed of 100
parallel wires . I am OK ?
Is there any shorter method to apply the 1A in each wire rather than
having 100 circuits to turn1 up to turn100 ?

2- The µeff method is a method to replace a Litz wire by a bulk wire.
Does this work for any place or magnetic field where the Litz wire is
placed ? what about of proximity effect of Litz wires together ?
For example, does it mean that if I built an inductance with 2 layers
of 7 Litz wires of 10*10, it cant be replaced by 2 layers of 7 bulk
wires . I will then calculate the Hyst losses in the 2*7 bulks + the
skin effect losses for 2*7*10*10=1400 singles wire of 0.8 and get the
total equivalent losses ? I am OK ?