Nov 10 Release

All--

I've put up a new revision of the program on the website at http://femm.berlios.de. The purpose of this release is to address the long-standing "memory leak" problem that people have been having when they execute lua scripts that call the solver a lot (e.g. see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/femm/message/1420). I've rooted through the code and fixed things until the debugger now claims that there are no memory leaks. However, although this modified version seems to run OK on my machine, I don't know if this actually solves the problem described in msg. 1420 for everyone. I'd appreciate it if someone who has run into this problem before could check this modified version to see if the problem still appears.

If anyone is interested, the biggest offender was that the way that the solver shut itself down at the end of a solution, the function that frees up the arrays allocated to hold the model, element, and node information never got executed. There were also some minor leaks in the dialog-based front end that I made for Triangle, which are now also fixed. Both the pre- and post-processors, into which Lua is integrated, appear to have contained no leaks.

email: dmeeker@xxxxxxxx
www: http://femm.berlios.de/dmeeker