Re: [femm] Nov 10 Release

On 11 Nov 2002 at 11:35, David Meeker wrote:

> All--
>
> I've put up a new revision of the program on the website at
> http://femm.berlios.de. The purpose of this release is to address the
> long-standing "memory leak" problem that people have been having when
> they execute lua scripts that call the solver a lot (e.g. see
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/femm/message/1420). I've rooted through
> the code and fixed things until the debugger now claims that there are
> no memory leaks. However, although this modified version seems to run
> OK on my machine, I don't know if this actually solves the problem
> described in msg. 1420 for everyone. I'd appreciate it if someone who
> has run into this problem before could check this modified version to
> see if the problem still appears.
>
> If anyone is interested, the biggest offender was that the way that the
> solver shut itself down at the end of a solution, the function that
> frees up the arrays allocated to hold the model, element, and node
> information never got executed. There were also some minor leaks in the
> dialog-based front end that I made for Triangle, which are now also
> fixed. Both the pre- and post-processors, into which Lua is integrated,
> appear to have contained no leaks.
>
> Dave.
> --
> David Meeker
> email: dmeeker@xxxxxxxx
> www: http://femm.berlios.de/dmeeker

Dear David,

Very nice to know that the Femm users now have a Nov. 10th
release of Femm. I would like to stick my finger in the cake if you
do allow me to do so. One of our students had problems when
importing in Femm dxf files from newer versions of AUTOCAD,
they found that with versions R12 and below of AUTOCAD, Femm
is importing the dxf files nicely, but when using Autocad R14 and
above the Femm program refuses to import the files. Autocad has
something new that Femm program doesn't like.
Anyone out there had such experience?
Sorry for my ignorance, but I leave that for the programming
wizards to discover what is going on.

With my regards and thanks for any comments concerning this
matter,

Sincerely,

Dr. J.R. Camacho - IEEE Member:01981539 - ATP-EMTP-CLAUE-
08
Rural Electricity and Alternative Energy Sources Lab.
UFU - School of Electrical Engineering - P.O.Box: 593
Phone:+55.34.3239.4165/Ext.:250 - Fax:+55.34.3239.4166
38400.902 - Uberlandia - MG - Brazil

Este email foi scaneado pelo RAV Antivirus no servidor doodle.dr.ufu.br.