Re: Self and mutual inductances of coupled microstrip lines in RF frequency range

--- In femm@xxxx, David Meeker <dmeeker@xxxx> wrote:

> I've also attached a solution here where I've defined the
permeability
> of the wire material to be just about zero, so that the flux is
just
> about excluded from the lines. See two_lines_limit2.fem This ought
> be analogous to the problem that Linpar is acutally solving.
>
> Dave.
>
> --
> David Meeker
> email: dmeeker@xxxx
> www: http://femm.berlios.de/dmeeker

Thanks for this useful information, Dave.

May I ask you one more question? :-) To obtain full L-matrix of
multiple signal strips in semiconducting dielectric stack the problem
must be solved N times where N is the number of strips, each time 1A
net current should apply to the next strip while keeping all other
strips at zero net current.
It means that we keep solving the same equation N times replacing
only right hand sides.

Have you any idea how to make your iterative solver to memorize most
of results from the initial solution and reuse them for the following
solutions? Direct solver does this trick when it stores results of LU
decomposition and reuse them for multiple RHS.

Thank you,

Samuel