Re: [femm] FEMM now crashing!

Sorry to hear that Ted.
About which version of femm are your comments about ?
Was that femm3.2(Dec03, 2002 version) ?

Prem

"ttelesky " wrote:

> FEMM is now acting very strange and not running. It will not even
> solve the demos. Before the first incident of the problem, I made
> some changes as follows:
>
> 1) Added USB external harddrive. (using a laptop)
> 2) Set the directory where files are saved to a new location
> 3) Imported some new materials. (this was done before the USB
> drive and they seemd to solve fine)
>
> On first model (imprted DXF), I first started to see an error message
> in the solver "Cannot solve the problem" onthe firat iteration. I
> then loaded 2 or 3 of the demo problems and the solver seems to solve
> but then hangs when opeing the results window. I see the start of the
> title line but no more of the window is created.
>
> I have un-installed FEMM and re-installed, leaving all defaults etc
> the same - but I stil have the same problem with the demos. Now I
> cannot solve any problem.
>
> Anyone have any ideas? I sent the first file I had troible with to a
> worker that has FEMM and he gets the same "Unable to solve problem"
> error, but his other files still work. I can send this file if
> needed. How do I do that by the way?
> Thanks
> Ted

begin:vcard
n:Kumar;C.Prem Kumar
tel;fax:+91 40 307 3820
tel;home:+91 40 775 1195
tel;work:+91 40 388 2347
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Electromagnetics Group;BHEL Corp.R&D Division
adr:;;Vikasnagar P.O,;Hyderabad;Andhra Pradesh;500 093;India
version:2.1
email;internet:prem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Deputy General Manager
x-mozilla-cpt:;25488