Re: [femm] Non linear Anysotropic analysis

Sure. Just go into the properties on any
of the materials and change the relative permeability
for x or y directions and watch what happens.
Say if you wanted to mimic grain oriented Si steel.
Pick M-19 steel and change the mu for Y to 440 or
so (10 times less relative mu). Run a simulation
with PM or EM flux coming in cross grain (Y direction)
and poles offset. Just do a simple one first to
see the effect.

Dave Squires

brendon2077 wrote:
Hello,

I' writing from Italy, and my problem is the following... I have to perform a non-linear simulation with Femm, but the material in use is not isotropic (I think Femm doesn't allow this)...is there anyone that knows some "trick" about it? (for example, to assign a lamination that "simulate" the anysotropic behaviour)...

If in any case this analysis can't run with current version of femm, I hope it will become developed in future...

Best regards,

Daniele