Re: Vector plots + "zoomier"

--- In femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Aakash Jariwala" <sthu111@xxxx> wrote:
> The vector plots are a nice addition. Has anyone run into the
> problem of zooming into a point that is connecting two lines at a
90
> degree angle and one of the lines disappears(it takes the same line
> every time and seems only to affect lines that are nearly
> perpendicular to each other)? Is that due to a tolerance setting of
> the drawing or setting in the program? Thanks.
>
> - Aakash Jariwala

Arrgh. This is how this issue that I had described with the built-in
GDI only dealing with values of less than 16 bits manifests itself--
by messing up the way that lines are drawn. I changed things so that
internally, all lines get cropped to a circle that is 32767 in
diameter--apparently, this doesn't get rid of the problem in all
cases. I'll do some more head-scratching to try to get rid of this--
it would probably be sufficient to crop things to the smallest circle
that contains the screen.

I'll also look into the "duplicated points" thing--I hadn't run
across this before.

http://femm.berlios.de/dmeeker