Re: Density plot colours and Lua

--- In femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Keith Gregory <k.gregory@xxxx> wrote:
Dave,

I would agree that too many colours can look messy but a few more
could be
an improvement, the range at the moment is a bit too course. MEGA and
Quickfield (I think) use 32 colours and the plots look great but it is
difficult to differentiate between some of the mid range steps, so 16 or
perhaps 24 colours might be worth trying.

Ok--I guess that I'll see about upping the number of colors in the plots.

On another point Dave. I notice that Lua version 5 is released. Any
plans
to update?

Keith.

I hadn't realized that a release version of Lua 5.0 had been come out--thanks for pointing this out. I'll have to check it out to see whether transitioning to Lua 5.0 should be a priority or a longer-term change.

--- In femm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mark Smith <mark.smith@xxxx> wrote:
If it is of any use I have a mathcad document which I put together which
generates a nice RGB spectrum (like white light through a prism) I
have used
it to tune the R G & B components for FEA postprocessing etc. The
number of
levels is easily catered for it is in Mathcad 2000 format. If there
is any
interest I'll place it in the Yahoogroups files area.
the following link might be of interest also
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~bes/papers/color/

regards
Mark

I'd be interested in taking a look at the worksheet. Also, thanks for the link.

email: dmeeker@xxxxxxxx
www: http://femm.berlios.de/dmeeker