Multiple group membership for nodes

Firstly, many thanks to David for his advice over the slotted
armature problem I had. I was not aware that the "lamination" feature
essentially did this BH scaling that I was trying to do. The point
about radial gap is well taken- this is the case in most of my
designs. I presume that, if the material is working in the linear
portion of its BH curve, and the gap is small in comparison with the
major dimensions of the armature and the slot circumferential width,
then a good approximation to obtain the same gap reluctance is to
increase the radial gap by the same ratio as the "lamination factor"
at the outside of the armature?

One other point which has come up. I often want to parameterise
models so that I can sweep through a design space to find an optimum
of two or more variables. I want to use Lua with nested "for" loops
to do this, for instance generating armature force for a range of
diameters and lengths of the armature.

To do this from the starting point of existing geometry I need to
select nodes by group in Lua- all the nodes on the outside diameter
are in group 1, while all the nodes at the top end are in group 2.
The trouble is, there is always at least one node which wants to be a
member of both groups (ie the outer top corner). Is there any way to
assign multiple groups to entities?

The other option is to build up the entire problem in the lua script,
bypassing the GUI, creating keypoints with coordinates calculated by
functions of defined parameters. That way individual nodes
coordinates can be a function of many parameters. This is the most
powerful and general way of parameterising, and the way I used to
work with Ansys becuase its GUI is such a dog compared to femm's, but
really.... life is too short!

BTW this same nested loop technique can be used to generate lookup
tables of force and inductance at a range of currents and armature
positions, for export to dynamic simulation packages (AmeSim, Easy5,
Simulink) This allows the complete dynamic simulation of a solenoid
taking into account damping, spring, inertia, colomb friction,
electric circuit switching... I have heard that transient phenomena
eg. eddy currents can be taken into account by running a frequency
analysis in FEMM and inserting parasitic lumped parameters into the
dynamic model.

Niall