Solenoid fields -3D

I am a VERY newbie with FEMM and want to get some suggestions from
the list before I spend countless hours trying to do something that
FEMM inherently may not be able to do.

I want to model the fields EXTERNAL (of particular interest) and
internal to a helical solenoid that looks -- from the core end --
like a figure 8. In other words, a pair of helical solenoids side-by
side, with each turn in one solenoid linked to the corresponding
turn on the other solenoid with a direction reversal.

Apparently FEMM can model 3D helices (helixes?), but I haven't a
clue as to how to model what I have in mind.

Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Bill Miller, Amateur Radio Station KT4YE