[FEMM] axisymmetric femm problem with ringmagnet and steel plate

Dear Mr. Meeker and Femm group,

We are currently working on different models for a holding magnet.
The holding magnet should be a ringmagnet with axially magnetisation (
thru-the-hole magnetised ).
We would be interested in the magnetic field as well as the force of the
ringmagnet on a steel plate in a distance of 1-2mm.

To calculate this configuration I downloaded FEMM program and think it is a
very useful tool !
I have studied tutorial and manual and have drawn a layout of our problem,
and also I think I set all configurations right, but when I want to rn the
calculation I get an error, telling me that the problem couldn't be solved.
Our problem should be able to be solved with FEMM, since it is an
axisymmetric problem. However, I can only let FEMM solve it if I set
problem-type to planar !?

I have attached the FEMM file to this mail.

If you could give me some assistance what I am doing wrong, then that would
be very appreciated !

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Reinhard Walter

Elektronische Entwicklung          Tel: +43 1 523 37 86 DW:664
OTTO BOCK Austria GmbH        Fax: +43 1 523 22 64
Kaiserstr. 39     A-1070 Wien      mailto: walter_r@xxxxxxxxxxx

 <<ringmagnet.FEM>>