Re: [FEMM] Femm 4.0 Post Processor scripting

Andy Reding wrote:

Hello - I am in the process of converting my old version 3.3 lua scripts to work with Femm 4. In the version 3.3 post processor, there was an option to run the post processor minimized so that it didn't pop up on the screen and draw - this hiding saved me a lot of time. In the new version, I am opening the solution file so that I can process the results but I don't want to slow down the script with the display of the graphics. Is there a way to use the mi_loadsolution() so that the post processor window runs hidden/minimized? If not, I can modify the source code for the loadsolution command but I hate to tweak a developmnent version and then have the next update come out two days later! Any hints/undocumented arguments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
        Andy Reding

Without thinking about it too much, I took the -windowhide functionality of v4, where loading the solution is just opening a new window instead of running a new process. Since it seems like this could still be a useful feature, I'll add it back in, probably as an optional parameter to mi_loadsolution (and ei_loadsolution).

For the moment, there are a couple of work-arounds. The simplest would be to go to the preferences and uncheck all boxes in the "contour plots defaults" and make sure that no density plot is performed by default. The output window will still draw, but it will draw very quickly.

I've recently added some new Lua commands to v4 for window manipulation, but it looks like I forgot to document them. They are:
mo_resize, mo_minimize, mo_maximize, and mo_restore, plus the corresponding mi_, ei_, and eo_ versions. These commands manipulate the way that windows are viewed displayed. If you are doing some sort of batch analysis where you are repeatedly loading results with the same file name, you can use mo_minimze to minimze the output window after it is first loaded. Be sure to never actually close the output window, but just use mo_reload or mi_loadsolution to load the new solution "on top" of the old one, rather than creating a new window. In this case, you will have to put up with a draw of the solution the first time through, but the output window will be subsequently minimized.

Dave.