Re: [FEMM] getpointvalues use

RONALD.SALESKY@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello fellow FEMM enthusiasts,

Has anyone used the getpointvalues( ) command? I tried the example for catching all values:

Are, Aim B1re, B1im, B2re, B2im, Sig, E, H1re, H1im, H2re, H2im, Jere, Jeim, Jsre, Jsim, Mu1re,Mu1im, Mu2re, Mu2im, Pe, Ph = getpointvalues(0,400)

and when running the script in FEMMview get an error, '=' expected for this line.

Has anyone experienced this problem and how did you overcome it?

The problem with your statement above is that there's no comma between Aim and B1re. If you put in the comma, it will work OK.

I find it a drag to work directly with getpointvalues. I usually write functions in the beginning of Lua scripts like:

function getB(x,y)
Are,Aim,B1re,B1im,B2re= getpointvalues(x,y)
return B1re,B2re
end

so that I can call a function that returns just the quantities that I'm interested in for the purposes of that particular script.

I've added functions like mo_getb(x,y), mo_geth(x,y), and so forth, to the Matlab and Mathematica interfaces to FEMM, but these aren't standard functions in straight Lua implementation.

Dave.