[FEMM] Max. Flux density in Silicon Steel

Dear All,

I am working in the permanent magnet generator design.
One of softwares we use is FEMM. We use silicon steel
material 50H470 that has non-linear permaeability. Its
peak is 6000 at 1 Tesla of flux density.

I have a question on the maximum flux density we have
to use in the design. Does the maximum realtive
permeability have to be used in order to get the best
performance - and it means that the maximum flux
density is kept on 1 Tesla?
I use this 1 Tesla value -  actually it is the
average, but our design is significantly big, and the
power output to weight ratio is lower than if we use
flux density more than 1 Tesla - say 1.8 Tesla. The
saturation point is around 1.9 Tesla.
In other hand, the advantage of using 1 Tesla is the
flux linkage in the coil is 3 times higher.

I do appreciate your help.

Best Regards,

Wijono