Re: [femm] Re: Incorrect force direction

Steven,
I am evaluating Amperes right now. I have to say I think their
interface leaves a lot to be desired. It is a pain in the butt to enter
and define a problem. Geometry entry is not at all intuitive not to
mention boundary element definition. I told them already I don't
think the software is worth the $15,000 they are asking.
When did you evaluate and use it? It seems to me to be worth
about $2K-5K on the open market. I guess they don't have
any competition and charge the high price as a result.
Do you know of another 3D package that is worth the price charged?

My gut feel so far is not to buy IES Amperes.

Thanks,
Dave Squires