More Batch processing/ Interfaceing

Dear group,

I know there was a lot of talk a short while ago about batch processing in
Femm.

I had my own need for batch processing now and decided to do it my self. I
have implimented the lua programming language into femm(3.0) and have nearly
completed the work on the pre-processor.

What this means is you write a lua script file (lua can contain control
loops, variables, counters, IO, maths routines etc) and call my extention
functions such as addnode(x,y) directly. All my extention functions are
essentialy wrapper functions for the real femm code but this is transparent
to the user.

I am planning to also impelment this in the post-processor and have a way of
getting feedback from the post processor to the pre-processor so that
self-refining scripts can be generated or the results in the post-processor
can be dumped to a file for later analysis and so many hundred runs could be
proformed, dumping the results each time of only the data you are intrested
in, into an external file which could then be loaded in to an external
analysis package matlab, excel etc.

The pre-processor code should be finished later this week and the
post-processor code by next week.

Is anybody intrested in this as I will make it avaiable if there is any
demand.

Best Regards,

Robin Cornelius

robin.cornelius@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx