Re: [femm] FEMM and LUA

Robin Cornelius wrote:

> There is no direct way at the moment to kill a running script. It would be
> quite easy to add 'a simple hack' to kill scripts but I think this would
> result in memory leaks. The lua stack should be unwound properly which is
> down really to the lua side of things.

Maybe I'll pose a question to the lua mailing list to see if they have any
suggestions about how to approach this.

> I had started adding code to the preprocessor, when i was playing with the
> code, to start scripts but I just added the framework to the preprocessor. I
> cannot remember if Dave M took it any further, but if not it is partialy
> implimented.
>
> (I can finish it off if you want Dave, have you got the source code for the
> last lua release as I believe you just posted a binary patch)

Sorry about the delay in posting new source. I've uploaded the latest source
code at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/femm/files/femmsrc.zip I've also
replaced the patch files with a new self-installing executable of the latest at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/femm/files/setup.exe

> I looked at a prog called EditPlus but it was shareware (it did very similar
> things) to what you describe.

I know several people who swear by PFE (see
http://www.lancs.ac.uk/people/cpaap/pfe/ ). It's freeware, but unfortunately
PFE is no longer being actively maintained by the author.

I use WinEdt (http://www.winedt.com/) to write LaTeX documents, but it would
also be a good candidate for a lua editor. It's shareware.

Dave.

begin:vcard
n:Meeker;David
tel;fax:781-890-3489
tel;work:781-684-4070
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/dcm3c
org:Foster-Miller, Inc.;Electrical and Electronic Systems Group
version:2.1
email;internet:dmeeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Senior Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;350 Second Avenue=0D=0A;Waltham;MA;02451-1196;USA
fn:David Meeker, Ph.D.
end:vcard