Re: Axi-symmetric arcs for FEMMVIEW

--- In femm@xxxx, djsquires@xxxx wrote:
> Dave,
> I was wondering if you could add the arc function
> to FEMMVIEW like you have in FEMM so that it makes
> it easy to make a circular contour for torque integration
> of force. It is a real pain to have to zoom in and
> put short straight line segments to enclose a rotor
> with a contour to measure torque.
>
> How come you didn't put that function in FEMMVIEW
> in the first place? Or did I miss something?
> This would speed up torque measurements an order
> of magnitude. I could put in two data points for
> a 180 degree arc and presto the contour is done.
> It would guarantee closure of the contour.
> It would also simplfy LUA scripting
> for the same sort of scenario.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
> Squires

Hi
If you want to make arc contour in Femmview, the simplest way is to
make that contour as an arc in FEMM (before solving the problem).
After that, if you try to make contour in FEMMVIEW (as a straight
line) i.e. you choose the endpoints of arc (by left button of
mouse), FEMMVIEW recognises the arc and highlight the arc.

In LUA scripting, if you want use that funcionality, you have to make
contour by "selectpoint(x,y)" instead of "addcontour(x,y)", which
makes all the time just straight contour.

Jiri Vecerka