Re: [femm] DXF Import

kdjacobs86 wrote:
I just started using FEMM -- a great program!
I hope that the program proves to be useful to you.

One problem I've encountered is importing DXF files from SolidWorks
2001+ running on Win XP Pro.  After I've selected the DXF file, a
message box appears asking for "Tolerance for DXF Import" and a
default value of "-1.#IND".  If I accept the default, I get an FEMME
error box with the message "error: <eof> expected; last token
read: '#' at line 1 in string "return -1.#IND".

If I go back to the "Tolerance for DXF Import" box and enter a
numeric value like 0.1 then FEMME accepts this without an error, but
the file is not imported and any existing geometry is deleted.  After
that FEMME won't let me add any nodes and selecting View, Natural
doesn't do anything.

Any ideas on how to get it to read my DXF?

Thanks!

- Keith
I fixed this problem for someone a few weeks ago, but I forgot to upload the fixed version to the website--whoops. The source and executable versions on the website has now been revised with this fix.  If you just want the version of the preprocessor with the DXF read fix, I've placed it at http://femm.berlios.de/femme.zip

One other caveat is that if you read in a long DXF file, the preprocessor can take a while to digest it into a geometry that it thinks is valid.

Dave.