Area cross section problem

I don't seem to be getting the correct cross section area using the
femmview block integrals. In the file "FRT_OLD.fem" selecting the
magnet block and then block cross section area, I get an area of 1.16
square inches. The cross section area of the magnet (diameter = 1.45
inches) is really 1.651 square inches. I assume the cross section
area is the area normal to the flux. Is that right? Also, what if a
block has more than one cross section area like the outer housing in
the same file. Where does femmview take the cross section?

Thanks for your help.