RE: [femm] (unknown)

Juan A. Tapia (Ph.D.)
Assistant Professor

FEMM people

I need some help. I'm trying to determine torque/force for an axial flux
PM machine, with central stator and two rotor (see attached file). For
symmetric condition looks Ok, I can do that. The problem arise when I
try to calculate for different rotor position and set proper boundary
condition. Do I have to create a model for the rotor (or stator)
extremely long so that I can concentrate in those central poles (far
from the edges) neglecting the and effect?. Is there other option to do
that?. I know for radial flux machine, people create a virtual airgap so
that they can freely rotate the rotor (or stator) and still can use the
periodic (or antiperiodic) boundary condition. Is there something
similar for my case?

I'll appreciate any help in that point

Juan